Tuesday, January 3, 2012

January 2012 Content Posted

The first content for 2012 is now available. This month I have the now traditional New Year's Resolutions For The PreSales Engineer. A collection of 12 positive and 6 non-so-positive resolutions to help an SE improve his/her Promotability, Performance and income Potential. These are three things which YOU are responsible for - not your boss, not Human Resources and not the Sales Force. It's all you!

The second article is a little different. Over the years I've had to make sales presentations and run seminars in countries all over the world. Most of the time I present in English and the audience "speaks' English. Sometimes they don't! On those occasions I've used an interpreter - and wow is it a different and humbling experience! Learn from my mistakes. One day you will need to know how to present in your native language to a "foreign" audience.

The 'Ask John" covers Demo Interruptus. I received a question from an SE who was continually being interrupted during his demo - by the customer, by the rep, by his colleagues. It's probably not all their fault. Read why.

Book Of The Month is David Sibbet's Visual Meetings. Great first 90 pages, tough going (unless you are a consultant) for the last 160 pages. Yet .. the first 90 pages are worth the price of the book.

One of my New Year's Resolution is to blog and post more. I'm also starting on Twitter soon as @PreSalesMTS. Watch out later this week for some ideas as to what I'll be working on for 2012.

Meanwhile - all the best for 2012 and Good Selling!

No comments:

Post a Comment