Sunday, July 6, 2014

The Third Edition Is Available!

The Third Edition of Mastering Technical Sales was sent out to bookstores on July 1st. Allowing for the US July 4th holiday the books should be available from Amazon and (my publisher) Artech House during the week of July 7th. The Kindle ebook version will take another week or two.

Since the 2nd edition was published in 2008, a lot has happened, both in our knowledge and the technical SE field in general. We added 4 new chapters around Business Value Discovery, WhiteBoarding, The Trusted Advisor and Building ROI Cases and we also updated practically every other chapter with revised content reflecting our international and non-software experiences over the past six years.

I'm thrilled to announce that the book has received a number of large pre-orders from technical SE teams and that I'll be doing several internal video interviews for various clients. As a little bit of blatant self-promotion - if you are interested in a large bulk order or making the book part of your onboarding program (which dozens of companies have already done) please contact me and I can link you up with my publisher. I am also working on getting a Chinese version available later this year.

What's next? Work is already underway on The Trusted Advisor Sales Engineer. That's an eBook intended as an extension to MTS that deals with the often fuzzy topic of what it takes to be a T/A. It's written from an SE point of view, and includes some unique measurement capabilities for Trust - so you can judge how well you are doing!

Thanks for reading and please be sure to give me any feedback about the Third Edition that we can include in the Fourth!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi John,

    When can we expect this to hit the UK Shelves? I see that Amazon are planning on stocking it, however there's no date for this.

    Best,

    Josh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Josh - my publisher tells me it should be this week. Thanks for your interest in the book.

    ReplyDelete