Friday, January 4, 2013

2013 New Year Resolutions

One of my New Year Resolutions for 2013 was to blog and tweet more often to both raise my social profile and to share useful content (in my opinion) with others. So here is my first contribution for 2013 - and what better way to start than to lay out some great 2013 Resolutions for the Sales Engineer, The SE Manager, in fact for anyone who deals with the complex technical sale.

Here are a dozen positive resolutions, six things to avoid - all packaged with some wonderful resolution advice from NY Professor of Psychology Peter Gollwitzer. (pdf file)

At this time of year (or next month for those celebrating the Chinese New Year) it's a great time to assess your skills and compare them with last year. What has improved - what has declined, and what haven't you even started on? One of the best things you can do is to publicize your major goals/resolutions to others so that you cannot backslide.

Here are a couple of mine:

1. I am gloing to finish the manuscript for "The Trusted Advisor Sales Engineer"
2. I am going to gain one more major client this year.
3. I am going to blog and tweet more ( more = 100% increase )
4. I am going to revamp my website.

That's enough for now. What are you going to do?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment